Men's Wednesday Night Class
The Five Levels of Leadership
By John Maxwell
6:30pm-7:30pm, Room 211
Facilitator: Bob Ross and Chad Garland
True leadership isn't a matter of having a certain job or title. In fact, being chosen for a position is only the first of the five levels every effective leader achieves. In this 12-session training curriculum, leadership guru John Maxwell teaches the five stages of leadership and explains how to maximize each one to become more influential, respected and successful: Position, Permission, Production, People Development and Pinnacle.
· Position- People follow because they have to.
· Permission- People follow because they want to.
· Production- People follow because of what you have done for the organization.
· People Development- People follow because of what you have done for them personally.
- Pinnacle- People follow because of who you are and what you represent.
For each level, John discusses the upsides and downsides associated with leading at the level as well as the beliefs and behaviors necessary to move from level to level.