Welcome to KID CITY
The Children’s Ministry serves children from infancy through grade 6 (Route 56 serves grades 5 & 6). Our vision is to foster in each child the desire to discover God in a personal way, leaving an eternal imprint of God’s love on his/her life.
The mission of the Children’s Ministry at CHCC is to:
- Impact the children of our community with the message of Christ’s love for them
- Encourage children to accept Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior and become a part of our church family
- Facilitate the child’s growth in his/her relationship with Jesus Christ and His Word
- Foster skill building through relevant biblical teaching, positive role modeling and esteem building
- Prepare children to discover their uniqueness and eventually God’s mission for their lives.
PROCEDURES FOR ENTERING THE CHILDREN’S MINISTRY
We are very excited about our computerized security system in the Children’s Ministry. Because “Children are Special at Colonial Heights,” we are implementing this program.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO REGISTERING MY CHILD?
- Children are provided a computer generated security ID tag to wear during children’s ministry programming.
- A computer generated ID sticker is provided for parents to use when retrieving their children from class.
- The child’s security ID sticker and the parent ID sticker indicate a family security ID number to be used if a parent needs to be contacted during services.
- Each registered child is assigned to an age appropriate Bible class and is added to the class roster.
- Registered children will receive mailings regarding children’s activities such as Bible camps, children’s concerts, game nights and other special activities.
WHO CAN REGISTER?
- Parents are encouraged to register their children once they have decided to become regular attendees and consider Colonial Heights to be their “church home”.
- Families do not have to be members of Colonial Heights in order to register.
WHERE? You may start the registration process at the Children’s Information Center located in the foyer between the Fellowship Hall and the Sanctuary.
WHEN? Registration is normally conducted on Sundays, 9:00 – 9:30am and 10:30 – 11:00am.
HOW IT WORKS
- Parents fill out a registration form giving important information about their children.
- If you are a first time guest, one of the children’s guest service volunteers will enter your information into the computer and you will be given several ID tag printouts–one for each of your children to stick onto their shirt and one for you to hold onto for child pick-up.
- Parents will give their child’s teacher or children’s church worker their parent ID card when retrieving their child after service.
We hope to meet you soon!