The vision of Colonial Heights Christian Church is to be A Place to Believe. Belong. Become. We are a collection of imperfect people, who make up a community of faith. We don’t have all the answers. We are convinced a relationship with Jesus Christ is the most amazing thing that any person can experience.
The Bible reveals how Christians should do life together. We want to show other people what Jesus looks like through love, compassion, grace and mercy. We desire everyone who attends the church to be engaged in the life of Colonial Heights Christian Church rather than just attending. So, we practice these VALUES:
- Word of God—Jesus and Scripture our Guide
- Worship—A 24/365 Walk with God
- Prayer—Continual Communication with God
- Authenticity—Being Open and Real
- Community—Doing Life Together
- Service—Seeing Needs and Meeting those Needs
Believe. Belong. Become.
The Mission of CHCC Believe. Belong. Become. Is the road map for everything that we do. Where ever you are in your spiritual journey you are welcome to begin your journey at CHCC.
The foundation of everything in life is what you believe. Whether you are a seeker, doubter, or already a follower of Jesus, our desire is get you to a place where your faith is the cornerstone for everything you are.
The Christian life was never meant to be lived alone. We invite you to be a part of Christ centered community that will encourage and propel you forward in your journey.
We all have an idea of the person that we want to be. CHCC desires to come along side you and help you become not only the person you want to be, but the person God wants you to be.
About God: God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three personalities: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God.
Genesis 1:1,26,27, Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14; 1 Peter 1:2
About Jesus: Jesus Christ in the flesh was both God and man; that He was born of a virgin and that He lived a sinless life, in which He taught and did mighty works and wonders and signs exactly as revealed in the four Gospels; that He was crucified, died as a penalty for our sins and was raised from the dead bodily on the third day. Later he ascended to the Father’s right hand where He is head of the church and intercedes for believers. He will come down from heaven again, to earth to receive His own to be with him forever.
Isaiah 9:6; Matthew 1:22, 23; John 1:1-5; 14:10-30; Acts 1:9-11; 1 Corinthians 15:3,4; Colossians 1:15-20; Titus 2:13; Hebrews 4:14,15
About The Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit is co-equal with the Father and the Son of God. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. He gives everyone a spiritual gift when they are saved. As Christians, we seek to live under His control daily.
1 Corinthians 2:12, 3:16; Galatians 5:25; Ephesians 1:13
About The Bible: The Bible is God’s Word to us. Human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit wrote it. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living. We accept the Bible as the final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
Psalm 119:105,160; Proverbs 30:5; Isaiah 40:8; 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20,21; Hebrews 4:12
About Salvation: We believe the Bible teaches that salvation and the forgiveness of sins is a free gift to us but that we must accept it. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness can anyone be saved from sin’s penalty. We believe the Bible teaches that one receives God’s grace by putting faith in Christ, repenting of sin, confessing Christ, and being immersed into Christ.
John 14:6; Acts 2:38; Acts 3:19; Romans 6:1-7; Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-9; 1 Peter 1:18-19; 1 Peter 3:21; 2 Peter 3:9; 1 John 1:7
the restoration movement
- The Christian Church is made up of approximately 6000 cooperating, independent congregations in the U.S.A. with a strong foreign missions presence throughout the world. We are congregationally governed with no official or authoritative organization beyond the local church. The Christian Churches were recently recognized in a religious poll as the fastest growing Christian body in the U.S.
- Christian Churches accept without reservation Jesus Christ as the divine Son of the Living God, and the Bible as God’s inspired Word and sufficient for faith and practice.
- We observe the Lord’s Supper weekly as a simple memorial of our Lord’s atoning death. Each person worshipping here is invited to participate in this communion.
- We wear the name mentioned in the Bible for the followers of Christ- Christian (Acts 11:26). We do not claim to be the only Christians, but Christians only. We adopt no rule of faith and Christian practice beyond the Bible (2Tim. 3:16,17). We practice Christian baptism, the immersion of the repentant believer (Matt. 28:19) upon his or her confession of the Lordship of Christ (Rom. 10 9,10). We believe that Christ actually and literally was crucified, dead, was buried and was resurrected from the dead and will return as prophesied to receive His own.
The invitation to membership is extended to all who believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, and so confess this faith before men and be immersed in water into the name of the Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit. Membership can also be transferred from another church, Christian or otherwise, if these same membership requirements have been fulfilled.
For those considering membership, CHCC periodically offers a NEW HEIGHTS CLASS, which specifically covers beliefs of the Christian church, membership, etc. If you would like more information regarding membership, please contact (423) 239-2500, extension 103.